Sterling Suffolk Racecourse, LLC
525 McClellan Highway
East Boston, MA 02128
Suffolk Downs, on the Blue Line
Admission and Parking fees may be charged for certain special events
Hours of Operation
Open daily at 11 a.m. (closed Tuesdays until Spring)
Pari-mutuel windows open 30 minutes prior to first simulcast race.
Closing time ranges from 5:30-11:30 p.m.
For additional details and exceptions, see our simulcast schedule.
John Hall, II
Charles Baker, III
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Pari-Mutuel Operations
Director of Money Room Operations
Director of Operations
Due to state regulations, there is no ATM on the premises.
Ramps and elevators make Suffolk Downs accessible for all. For more information, please call (617) 568-3200.
Code of Conduct for Our Guests
Suffolk Downs is committed to providing guests with a safe and enjoyable experience. In consideration of all of our guests, please observe the following guidelines:
- Refrain from disruptive behavior, including obscene language and gestures.
- If you choose to consume alcoholic beverages, please do so in a responsible manner.
- Suffolk Downs reserves the right to deny admission to any intoxicated persons.
- Anyone who engages in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to disrupt racing will be immediately ejected.
- Gates open at 11 a.m. Post time for the first race is 12:45 p.m. Races are run approximately every 25 minutes (times may vary on special racing days).
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18) are only permitted on the premises during live racing hours and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Adults are responsible for the behavior of their minors. Minors are not permitted on the premises outside of live racing hours (certain special events excluded).
- Must be 18 years of age or older to wager.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Proper identification for proof of age required.
- All bags, backpacks and personal belongings are subject to inspection by Suffolk Downs security.
- Lawn chairs and umbrellas are permitted.
- Recreational photo and video recording are permitted at management’s discretion.
- Alcohol, glass containers, coolers, grills and tents are not permitted.
- Offensive items or clothing are not permitted.
- Smoking is permitted only in outdoor areas.
Help us make a day at the races a winning experience for everyone.
Fan Education Handout (PDF, 2MB)
Suffolk Downs Aerial Map (PDF, 768K)